Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 58--Creative Book Marketing

As much as I'm on the internet, it's important I don't overlook local marketing. There are opportunities to help my community and promote my book at the same time. Speaking in classrooms and libraries accomplishes this but why stop there?

There is a fundraiser on March 10, 2012 in my community. It's a father/daughter dance which benefits an MUN class and 8th grade graduation. There is a silent auction and raffle at the event. I heard they were looking for local "vendors" to donate products. The dance is for girls from 5th to 8th grade--the age range for The Pet Washer!

I donated two, autographed copies to the event. I'm thrilled to help MUN and 8th grade raise money while raising awareness of my book. I'm equally thrilled to know that two girls will go home with The Pet Washer! I can't wait for them to get to know my dear friends--Polly, Cianna, Caden, Daisy, Adeline, Gildon, Leroy, Tiara, Mr. Talley, Mia, Katie and everyone else!! These characters only come to life when a reader opens the book! It's a magical relationship.

To Do: Keep your eyes open for fundraisers and other events that might benefit from a signed copy of your book. My book fits this event because of the age group of the girls. My new YA novel would not be appropriate. Look for events attended by your target audience!

Jennifer Lynn Alvarez
author of The Pet Washer
a fun gift for girls aged 9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.