Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 56--Email Marketing for Authors

Today I sent my monthly email newsletter.The email newsletter is better than any social marketing an author can do, in my opinion. Social media is NOW--if your audience isn't online when you post or tweet, they will probably miss your news.

Collecting email addresses and sending a monthly newsletter is a better way to connect. My news sits patiently in my readers' inboxes. It will be opened at their leisure, not mine.

I use Vertical Response for my marketing emails. There are other companies who offer this service, but I'm happy with Vertical Response. My email currently goes to 185 recipients and costs $2.78 to send all 185 at once.

I had too much trouble trying to send mass emails from my email hosting service, Yahoo. It's not set up for marketing. Vertical Response, and other email marketing services, specialize in keeping my email out of spam folders. I can send an email to hundreds or thousands of recipients with one click. VR offers attractive templates and graphics and gives readers a button to unsubscribe. I don't have to worry about forcing myself on anyone like I do with social media.

Click HERE to view my newsletter 


The newsletter looks simple but it took some time to create. I made sure to include interactive links, font colors, different alignments and pictures for easy viewing.

Most importantly, I updated my friends and readers about exciting news and upcoming events. For those who don't want to keep up with  my daily posts, the monthly recap is the best way to get news about my writing and upcoming projects!

To Do: Create and send your own newsletter! Vertical Response is offering 500 emails for free. I haven't used other email marketing services, but I imagine most offer similar amenities and are just as good!

Jennifer Lynn Alvarez
author of The Pet Washer
a novel for girls aged 9-12

Keep your customers coming back

1 comment:

  1. Email marketing is an effective way to advertise your product or service. Your email marketing letter can provide customers with information, and special offers. Most small businesses may not understand how email marketing can benefit their business here are some advantages of email marketing letters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.