Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Marketing Strategy, The Flyer

I wallpapered my town in Pet Washer flyers! Every place of business I approached allowed me to post a flyer about my book. I will say, I live in a friendly town. Even though we have 30,000ish residents, it feels small.

You might be thinking, 30,000 people is small? Well, how is this for an example? When I crashed into the car ahead of me last month, I hit my daughter's teacher. The cop who arrived on the scene has a daughter on my daughter's soccer team. Five of my friends drove by and offered to help. By the time I got home, my Facebook was full of questions about the accident and--when my kids went to school the next day--everyone knew their mom hit the teacher. Yeah, small towns aren't always what they're cracked up to be!

But they are lovely when you are promoting your book! The kids at school know that when I'm not crashing cars, I'm writing The Pet Washer Series!

No one was seriously hurt in the wreck! 

Okay, back to The Pet Washer. Here is a list of the places I papered to date:
  • Safeway
  • Rayleys
  • Starbucks
  • Peets
  • The barn where my daughter rides
  • My gym

I'm not done! I have a long list of stores I plan to approach in the upcoming weeks.

I don't know if this investment will pay off but the best thing about it is that it can be done on a budget! For the cost of paper and some ink--I can broadcast my name, advertise my book, and meet local shop owners.

The next step is to come up with a plan to sell my book on consignment. More on that as it develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.