Thursday, February 16, 2012

JacketFlap: A Site For Childrens Book Authors

Today I registered myself at JacketFlap. There is no fee to join this site. This is JacketFlap's description taken from it's own site:

JacketFlap has become the world's largest and most comprehensive resource for information on the children's book industry. Writers, illustrators, librarians, agents, editors, publicists, and publishers visit JacketFlap every day. 

This is a networking site for writers, illustrators, librarians, agents and publishers in the childrens book industry. The reason to join is to meet others in the industry, see reviews, get noticed by publishers, ask questions and search the database of over 900,000 childrens books. They also have a blog reader you can use to organize yourself. Over 4000 people LIKE JacketFlap on Facebook. 

For authors seeking a publisher, there are over 32,000 publishers listed at JacketFlap. Their submission guidelines are updated often and are easily accessible. The database is searchable, so authors can view only those publishers who are seeking new authors--a huge time saver! Each publisher also lists the types of book they publish and their sales information. After having spent years flipping through writers' market books, a searchable database is an answer to prayer.

Like Goodreads, I was able to syndicate my blog when I created my profile. I also added the ISBN for The Pet Washer and a link to my Pet Washer Series website. I like this because I am creating my own "web" on the Web. I believe that the more cross links I have, the more the search engines will notice me and my book. I am Charlotte, spinning away, hoping someday people gather and say, "That's some pig." 

I highly recommend joining this site if you have written a childrens book!

Jennifer Alvarez
Author of The Pet Washer
a novel for girls aged 9-12 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.