Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 52--Carbonite: An Author's Best Friend

Have you ever lost manuscripts, chapters or editing because you hadn't backed them up yet? Who hasn't? This just happened to author, Shaylene King. She wrote about it on her blog. All the corrected edits on seven chapters--gone!

She still has her editor's copy but she has to redo all the corrections. Luckily, she has a great attitude. I shared with her what I use, Carbonite. I know I sound like a walking infomercial, but I am a natural born spokeswoman for products I love! Don't even get me started on RedBox!

Carbonite is an online back-up system. That's all they do. I pay $59 a year for the home version. I have gone through five computer crashes without losing a thing--even when I've been in the middle of writing! If you accidentally delete a file, you can get it back.

I have an old computer--I think this is why we crash a lot. Once it was because I bought the new version of Sims (my favorite game) and BAM it took my computer out! This game is so awesome my computer can't even handle it!

Restoring the files is easy. After the computer is fixed, I log on, click restore and everything is put back the way it was. It's better than having seven dwarfs.

I am telling you, Carbonite is an author's best friend!

To Do: Consider an online back-up service to protect your most important asset--your writing!

Jennifer Lynn Alvarez
author of The Pet Washer
a novel for girls aged 9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.