Sunday, January 8, 2012

Shiny, new blog

I am all over the place on the internet. I have two blogs, a website, three facebook pages, a LinkedIn profile and I tweet. It's counter intuitive that a third blog is going to help matters. I'm hoping that this one will act as Grand Central Station. If anyone wiser than me can give me some tips, I'll appreciate it. I need to consolidate myself!

In the meantime, here I am with a shiny, new author blog. It's going to evolve because I don't know where it's going right now. I want to write about writing sometimes and my other blogs aren't conducive to that. I'm a Who living on a speck and I love to write and I want someone to hear me--like Readers! 

A writer without readers is like an actor without an audience. I can't entertain anyone or hone my craft by myself. I need to open myself up to criticism and praise alike so I can advance.

In December, I published my middle-grade novel, The Pet Washer. I'm almost finished with a young adult novel. I have two more in the wings (one is half-written, the other if finished but needs a major edit) and the fifth is still in the oven.

Publishing The Pet Washer is not the end for me--it's just the beginning. I hope that in two years, five years, ten years--I will have created my brand. I won't be on the edge of a shiny new blog, wondering what's going to happen next, but I will be further along with at least five published books under my belt, and still excited about what is next. There is a beginning to this but there is no end. It will continue until I return to dust.

Writing isn't an accomplishment, it's a journey. Publishing isn't an end, it's a marathon. 

The Pet Washer will die if I do nothing. Every day I try to do one thing toward promoting it--either posting on facebook, researching book reviewers or making contacts with people in the industry. Promoting isn't that exciting to me and it takes away from my writing time, but I have to do it. 

Book sales were good in December. I'm hoping the Pet Washer reader base grows like a snowball over time. To anyone reading this, you are more important to me than you know. Without support, I will never make it.

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.