Saturday, January 21, 2012

Building Your Brand

You may have noticed that I changed the name of this blog. It was "Jennifer Lynn Alvarez". I named it that because it's my author blog and I figured I should use my writing name.

I keep coming across advice about "building a brand". Everything and anything I create or you create can be copied and done better by someone else. Your brand is the only part of your product that you own. If  your successful, you'll never stop the knock-offs from competing with you. But, if people trust your brand, they will continue to purchase from you, follow you, read you and support you over the thousands of replicas out there.

I realized that I already have a brand. I've been blogging since 2009 under "The Jennifer Diaries" and "The Jennifer (Recession) Diaries". I woke up the other day and decided that I needed to change the name of this blog to, "The Jennifer (Author) Diaries".  I think my current readers will relate to the new title. It's familiar. They are already used to my style and subscribing to it. My twitter name is JenniferDiaries. I may re-name my facebook page as well. It's kind of a pain but it's better I do it earlier than later.

Also, the new name of the blog speaks better to what I'm doing. I specialize in the journal, diary style of writing. I don't want to write complicated, informative, dry "how to" articles every day. I want to share what I'm learning, but I don't want to disassociate myself from the information I provide.

What's your brand?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.