Monday, April 20, 2015

My Thoughts on The Guardian Herd: STORMBOUND: In Stores Tomorrow

by Jennifer Lynn Alvarez
What an exciting day, book #2 STORMBOUND is landing in bookstores tomorrow! (and book #1 STARFIRE releases in paperback).

Star's story continues in this second book where he encounters new struggles both external and internal.  A reader asked me on Goodreads which character I'd like to meet if I could. Well you know I'd like to meet them all, but if I had to choose just one--it would be Star. I would to travel to Anok and hug him. That's all, just hug him. Okay, who am I kidding? I'd also ask him for a ride through the clouds! But afterward, I would hug him again and tell him I love him. Then I'd say, "Tell Morningleaf I said hello and that I love her too." And then I'd be sucked back through the magical book vortex to my home full of children and laundry and dirty dishes. Here's Star:

Star from the Guardian Herd book series
art by David McClellan

But enough about me! A new character is introduced in STORMBOUND. She's a battle mare named Dewberry, and you'll find her image in the chapter headings. She's a fierce little pinto mare and her role will grow with each book. She's aggressive, protective, and flirtatious. I hope you like her! Here's a pic of her:

Dewberry from the Guardian Herd book series
art by David McClellan

Morningleaf, Star's best friend, will do something amazing that will make pegasi history! So keep your eye on her. Morningleaf's loyalty and bravery never cease to amaze me. Wouldn't it be great if we all had a best friend like her? Here's a pic of Morningleaf:

Morningleaf from the Guardian Herd book series
art by David McClellan

A new bad guy emerges. He's not a new character, in fact he's one of the first characters you meet in STARFIRE, but his role increases in STORMBOUND. There's a character sketch of him in the chapter headings also. I'll leave his name a mystery right now, but I bet you'll figure out who he is pretty quick! You'll have to read the book or check out my new Guardian Herd website to see him. He's pretty scary!

The Guardian Herd: STORMBOUND Book Tour

I'm in Ohio today preparing for the STORMBOUND national tour. I'm so excited to meet kids in Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina, California, and Florida. These are private school events, but I will be signing extra books and leaving them behind in bookstores. I'll post a list later in the tour.

In the meantime, check out the new Guardian Herd website where you'll meet the characters, see the map of Anok, and check out bonus material. Keep the fan art coming to win a Guardian Herd poster and a book bag next month. Details here.

Happy Reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.