Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hacker Update Plus #IndependentBookstoreDay News

Dear Readers,

I'm very upset to find that the social sharing site called Delicious continues to ignore my requests for help. Apparently, I set up an account with them many years ago and never used it. Via that account, either a hacker of Delicious, has hijacked my blog feed to send links to purchase products to my subscribers.

I've contacted Customer Support at Delicious three times and received no response. When I go to my Delicious profile, the company has left no way for a user to delete their own account. I have to email a request to have this "free" service deleted. I have done this, but they still have not deleted my account. If they would just delete it, then I'm sure this hacking/hijacking would end.

I apologize that you are receiving these links. If I can't force Delicious to take action against this, then I will have to un-publish this blog and all of its content, which I have had for 5 or 6 years.

Needless to say, I'm quite upset and frustrated. If I have to delete this blog, I will still post but via a different platform. I'm sorry. I'll update again when I know more.

In the meantime, it's Independent Bookstore Day today! Please take a moment out of your day to visit an independent bookstore. Many are offering fun, free events. I'm appearing at Books Inc. in San Francisco's Laurel Village at 2pm for a free kids' writers workshop. Each child who attends will receive a set of character trading cards from the Guardian Herd.

So enjoy your day and get out there and shop for a book! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.