Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ten Secret Weapons in My Indie Arsenal

I am a natural cheerleader for products and services I believe in. I read a post yesterday that said some bloggers are paid to write positive reviews or recommendations. The ethics on this are debatable to some but not to me. I believe it is not ethical to take money in exchange for a biased review. I'm not against monetizing blogs, but not in that way.

Money changes things. Money creates obligation. This is why I love volunteer work but don't enjoy paid jobs. I have always joked to the PTA, "If you pay me, I'll quit!" I'm like a wild horse. I'll come into your corral but you better not shut the gate!

Today I'm going to recap some of my favorite products and services for indie authors. We all know about Twitter and Facebook, right? Today I'm highlighting services I rely on that are less obvious. These glowing reviews are priceless. The services earned my trust by being awesome!

 Ten Secret Weapons in My Indie Arsenal
 

To Do: Check out these articles and apply them to your book! All services are either free or low-cost.

Jennifer Lynn Alvarez
Author of The Pet Washer
a novel for children aged 8 and up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.