Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Kindle Nation

I submitted The Pet Washer to Kids Corner @ Kindle Nation Daily today. Kindle Nation Daily partners with educators and authors. They provide free kindles to classrooms. Authors donate their ebooks to the classrooms and the students review the books. The students earn credits toward more free books.

Their mission statement, to paraphrase, is to encourage a love of reading, empower children to employ critical thinking and to reward them with more books.

I support all of those things! I exchanged a few emails with Candace Cheatham, the Associate Editor. She explained that the books are donated to classroom kindles only. Students choose which books to review and the reviews are posted on their website. Satisfied, I sent her a digital copy of The Pet Washer. 

I'm not sure how much this will help fuel The Pet Washer fire, but if it fuels a passion for reading--then so be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.