Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 22--Facebook Fan Page

Do you have a Facebook Fan Page? Every author should have one! They are free and they behave better than blogs or websites (at least for me). They also have viral potential.

I have 46 "fans" right now on, The Jennifer (Author) Diaries, Facebook page. Those 46 fans have over 10,000 contacts between them. If every single fan shared my page or a post on my page--I would reach 10,000 people. This is how I can branch out of my inner circle of influence.

Today I contacted my Facebook readers. I reminded them that The Pet Washer is still on sale at Amazon in kindle and paperback formats. While doing this, I noticed that I have a few new readers. I looked the new readers up and was thrilled to see that I don't know them! Three new fans, two from India, like my page! One posted The Pet Washer under his favorite books.

This touched me to my core. I'm thrilled that my friends' kids are enjoying The Pet Washer, but to learn that people I don't even know have discovered the book thrills me too. As an added bonus, I get to see their lovely faces on Facebook and that means a lot. I have quite a few British and Indian readers on this blog--but I can't see them. The photos elevate the fun factor for me.

I penned a greeting to my new readers and welcomed them to my page. I included a link to this blog. I believe it's important to do more than just post info about my books on my Facebook page. I want to thank my readers and get to know my readers too. It should be a community, not a message board. The same goes for this blog--I crave your comments. I want to read your opinions. I want to know what has worked for you when it comes to book or blog promotion and marketing. I want to share ideas and encourage each other! Writers work alone but they cannot survive alone! Thanks for being part of my community!

(Please CONTACT me if you would like to submit a guest post. You can promote your book, website, CD or blog at the same time! I'm looking for short articles about book or blog promotion and marketing. It's easy! Let me know what has worked for you and explain how you did it. Promote yourself and add links to your work in your byline! )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share! I respond to all comments.